Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Piece of Cake Anyone! For Paper Temptress DT

Hello, I’m Gloria Westerman. I’m married to my best friend Charlie for 7 years ….and we live with 3 dogs, and together we have 5 children and 8 Grandchildren in West Tennessee…I’ve been crafting for over 40 yrs…between sewing, knitting, quilting, needlework then paper…. I especially love to make mini albums…..
I am so excited and proud to be a part of the design team……with their beautiful creations and such inspiration….
This cardstock is unbelievable…..pictures do not captured the texture and the richness feel of these papers….not to mention the colors are so vivid true…..it will make any creations a masterpiece……I promise…..
I have put together a little tutorial for those that have not made a cake box…There are several places to get a cake box template …but I used my Cricut and the cartridge is Tags, Bags, Boxed, & more…..Row 5, image 5 cut at 8.50….following the guides I score all lines and applied tape…..I made my base with “Cryogen White“…. You can see some of the sparkles this paper has…truly remarkable…..
Next are all the pieces….

The flowers were also made with Cryogen White. The top of cake and leaves are made with “Light Green BASIS” and the crust is “Bronze Mica/Metallic” you can see it shine here.  I ink the leaves with TH distress-walnut stain…..also for the top I used spots and dots CB folder…
The ribbon is  from  PaperTemptress…..5/8 Black and White Stripes grosgrain ribbon…. I love this ribbon…..so easy to work with….
Here’s the finish piece,

I hope this has inspire you to try this and to also try any of these beautiful sheets of cardstock……they are so worth it!!!!!!!!!  Just pick up a few of them and you will see how wonderful they are to work with and to see how they make your project look so professional…….try it and see for yourself……

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments..